E3 2016 Awards

12:02 am HelenLJohnson 0 Comments

Was it as good an E3 as 2015? Probably not, but nevertheless E3 2016 delivered and for once I actually managed to stay up for the Sony conference.

Go me!

If you are looking for a more serious review, I recommend the piece by my convention buddy over on Shattered Star or GamesRadar's collection of articles. However if you are here for a bit of light entertainment then scroll on down!

'Best Dressed' Award 
Katsuhiro Harada - Tekken 7
It was so good that I still had this screenshot saved seven days after this fabulous outfit was donned.

'Well This Was a Wild Ride' Award
Ubisoft - Pretty much all of it but especially the start
 Never change Ubisoft. However can someone please pass the memo on to Aisha to not wear teeshirts that drastically change messaging when covered or folded. 

'The X Files Have Nothing on This' Award
Norman Reedus with his Norman Fetus aka Death Stranding
 Death Stranding made zero sense, but was it amazing to watch. Now enjoy spending the next eight months trying to decode it and being grossly incorrect. However, someone should ship Max Caulfield to that beach, she knows what all these stranded whales mean.

'Hype Train Has now Left the Station' Award
Horizon: Zero Dawn
 I'm so unbelievably excited for this game that it fills a little hole in my PlayStation heart that Tomb Raider kicked. 

'You Had to be There' Award
Chocobo with the questionable face (#fatchocobo)
via Brandon Reyes 
It either has constipation or something seriously wrong is happening near those steps.


'Same, Same...but Different' Award
God of War 4
 I'm not sure who let The Last of Us into God of War...but I kinda like it! Oh a RIP Debra's great, great (etc) grandmother. Thank you for once again, moving the plot along. 

'I Shouldn't Like it, but I Kinda Do' Award
Steep
 Can extreme winter sports look any more epic? Well yes, Ubisoft says. This is so not my usual game I go for but knock me down with a feather, I'm interested! 

'Well That's Relevant' Award
Youngoos - Pokèmon Sun and Moon
Make Pokèmon great again.

'Indie Darling' Award
Bound
 As someone who spent their childhood and teens mastering the art of the satin slippers, Bound calls to my younger self who would have adored a game like this. It could be the new Journey, and I so hope it is and doesn't live in it's shadow.

'Does This Drink Smell Funny to You?' Award
We Happy Few
 Literal drugs...can't say more than that.

'More Banter Than You Can Shake Your Nandos Hot Chicken Thigh At' Award
Sea of Thieves 
If someone doesn't edit this E3 banter into the recent footage of the Brexit Flotilla Fight, I'll be very disappointed. 

And finally, 'You Sir are Starting to Win Me Around to VR' Award
I had a bit of a father/daughter bonding moment when I shown my Dad this. It is all his dreams come true. Whether I'll still feel sick after ten minutes like normal VR games, remains to be seen.

And that is it for E3 2016! I'm honestly just sat here waiting for Horizon to be honest...roll on February!

0 comments :